This training event aims to familiarise participants with the essential steps that are needed to develop successful proposals under the upcoming calls in Horizon 2020 ERC call topic. The focused group training aims to support Turkey’s excellent and ambitious researchers and academics in preparing competitive and high-quality proposals based on breakthrough, high-risk/high-gain research ideas. Objectives of the seminar were:
- i) To understand requirements of the Call in detail;
- ii) To familiarize trainees with key documents for preparing successful ERC proposals;
- iii) To support researchers in preparing all sections of their proposal;
- iv) To familiarize trainees with the profile of winning projects under ERC calls;
- v) To familiarize trainees with the evaluation process in ERC proposals., what evaluators are looking at first and how to impress them (tips and tricks)
- vi) To address all technical details and questions by participants.
- vii) To receive one-to-one feedback on their draft ERC proposal directly by the trainer/expert
The whole event focused on participants building their own ERC grant application based on a breakthrough scientific idea and building the key points in each section of the application template and understanding what makes a winning proposal in this highly competitive call. The interactivity with the audience was ensured through “Questions and answers” sessions and the possibility for participants to raise questions at any moment of the presentations delivered by the Training Expert. Also, “one-to-one” consultations were provided to all participants regarding parts of their proposals they did not want to disclose to the rest. The event was a 2-days, demanding the event to be designed as interactive as possible.