As the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK), we attach utmost importance to the protection and privacy of your personal data. Acting as “Data Controller” within the scope of the Law on Personal Data Protection No. 6698; this information text has been prepared in order to clarify that our responsibilities such as collection, storage, processing of personal data, transfer in accordance with the legislation, how long it will be stored, rights of data owners, etc. are implemented in accordance with the provisions of the legislation.
COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA AND PURPOSE AND METHODS OF PROCESSING
TUBITAK can process personal data in order to continue its activities and in line with the principles and procedures provided by other laws and regulations related to Personal Date Protection Law. Personal data regarding our stakeholders can be collected either directly or indirectly by TUBITAK departments, website, social media channels, etc. in written, oral or electronic form. In this sense, following data will be collected in order to register for the newsletter system of the ufukavrupa.org.tr web site.
- E-mail Address
- Newsletter Selection
Personal data obtained within the scope of Personal Date Protection Law can be processed for the following purposes:
- Continuing the activities in line with the purposes written in the TUBITAK law of establishment
- Meeting information and other requests from public institutions and organizations and relevant stakeholders in time
- Fulfilment of contractual and legal obligations
- Follow-up of financial and/or accounting duties
- Execution of legal proceedings and follow-up of legal processes
- Planning of human resources processes and execution of activities
- Planning, auditing and execution of information and information security processes
- Performing quality standard inspections and improvements
- Ensuring the security of the institution and personnel
- Ensuring coordination in the processes regarding to visitors and meeting participants
- Improvement and diversifying the grants and services provided
- Evaluating and responding to suggestions/wishes/complaints and requests to be conveyed by the stakeholders and visitors of the institution through all kinds of channels and to carry out improvement works in accordance with the feedbacks received.
METHOD AND LEGAL REASON OF COLLECTION PERSONAL DATA
As Stated in Article 5 and 6;
Explicit consent of the person concerned, in cases where explicit consent is compulsory,
- It is clearly provided by the laws,
- It is necessary to process the personal data of the parties to the contract, if it is directly related to the conclusion or fulfilment of that contract,
- It is mandatory for the controller to be able to perform its legal obligations,
- Data processing is mandatory for the establishment, exercise or protection of any right,
- Data processing is mandatory for the legitimate interests of the controller, provided that this processing shall not violate the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject based on the status and the duty and authority given in paragraph (t) of Article 234 of the Presidential Decree No. 4;
Getting in contact with TUBITAK and/or the establishment of the legal relationship and during the continuation of the relationship, TUBITAK collects personal data through call centre, video and audio recordings, application forms, membership, communication and e-newsletter registration forms, internet and mobile applications, websites and website cookies, social media and other public channels, trainings, meetings, organizations and similar events by data subjects, legal authorities, third parties with whom TUBITAK is in cooperation or has contract relationship within the framework provided in the provisions of Articles 5, 6 and 8 of the Law. Personal data collected through these methods can be processed and transferred for the purposes specified in article 2 of this text within the framework of the processing conditions of personal data and personal data of special nature of the Law.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
In case of transfer of the collected personal data to the country and abroad, TUBITAK acts in accordance with the provisions defined in Articles 8 and 9 of the Law. In order for TUBITAK to carry out its services more effectively and fulfil legal requirements, in necessary cases, within the scope of relevant laws, regulations and protocols, authorized public institutions and organizations in the country, law enforcement forces, courts and enforcement offices, legally authorized private legal persons, related third parties. parties, natural and legal persons, service providers and their officials, project partners, suppliers and support service providers.
RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT WITH PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THE LAW
Each person has the right to request to the data controller about him/her in accordance with Article 11 of the Law;
- to learn whether his/her personal data are processed or not,
- to demand for information as to if his/her personal data have been processed,
- to learn the purpose of the processing of his/her personal data and whether these personal data are used in compliance with the purpose,
- to know the third parties to whom his/her personal data are transferred in country or abroad,
- to request the rectification of the incomplete or inaccurate data, if any,
- to request the erasure or destruction of his/her personal data under the conditions referred to in Article 7,
- to request reporting of the operations carried out pursuant to sub-paragraphs (d) and (e) to third parties to whom his/her personal data have been transferred,
- to object to the occurrence of a result against the person himself/herself by analyzing the data processed solely through automated systems,
- to claim compensation for the damage arising from the unlawful processing of his/her personal data
CONTACT US FOR YOUR REQUESTS
You can send your requests within the scope of Article 11 of the law "regulating the rights of the data subject" to the address of TUBITAK Tunus Caddesi No: 80 06100 Kavaklıdere / Ankara, by adding the documents identifying the identity information in accordance with the " Comminuque on the Principles and Procedures for the Request to Data Controller" or you can send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with a secure electronic signature. The data subject must clearly and comprehensibly state the subject requested in the application to be made to use the rights mentioned above. Information and documents related to the application must be attached to the application. Applications to be made within this scope will be accepted following the identity verification to be made by us, and your requests regarding your rights will be finalized as soon as possible and within 30 (thirty) days at the latest, depending on the nature of the request. In case the application is answered in writing or through recording media such as CD and flash memory, the processing fee specified in Article 7 may be charged. You can reach TUBITAK via the contact information given below.
Address: TÜBİTAK Tunus Caddesi No:80 06100 Kavaklıdere / Ankara
Phone: 0312 468 5300
Fax: 0 312 427 6817
Web Page: www.tubitak.gov.tr