Progress in digital and industrial technologies, including in space, shape all sectors of the economy and society. They transform the way industry develops, produces new products and services, and are central to any sustainable future. The COVID-19 crisis of 2020 has shown the necessity to strengthen Europe’s industrial base, enhancing its resilience and flexibility both in terms of technologies and supply chains to reduce EU dependencies on third countries.
As Europe gears up for a more resilient, green, and digital recovery, the EU needs to maintain a strong industrial and technology presence in key parts of digital and other supply chains, in industrial ecosystems while safeguarding its ability to access and operate safely in space. This is critical not only to be able to compete globally, but also to protect its citizens, deliver services and products of the highest quality, and preserve its values and socio-economic model.
Actions under this cluster will support key enabling technologies that are strategically important for Europe’s industrial future, and deliver on the following six expected impacts in the Strategic Plan:
- Global leadership in clean and climate-neutral industrial value chains, circular economy and climate-neutral digital systems and infrastructures (networks, data centres)
- Industrial leadership and increased autonomy in key strategic value chains with security of supply in raw materials
- Sovereignty in digital technologies and in future emerging enabling technologies
- Globally attractive, secure and dynamic data-agile economy by developing and enabling the uptake of the next-generation computing and data technologies and infrastructures
- Strategic autonomy in conceiving, developing, deploying and using global space-based infrastructures, services, applications and data
- A human-centred and ethical development of digital and industrial technologies
European Partnership Made in Europe
Processes4Planet – Transforming the European Process Industry for a sustainable society
European Partnership for Clean Steel - Low Carbon Steelmaking
Key Digital Technologies
Smart Networks and Services
AI, Data and Robotics