The New European Bauhaus initiative (NEB) is an environmental, social, and cultural initiative that complements the European Green Deal and combines aesthetic experience, sustainability, and inclusivity.
The aim of this Cross-KIC NEB Call for proposals is to work on activities where citizens and end-users are not only asked to identify relevant challenges of their city, but also empowered to co-create together potential solutions in an ideation process.
The Cross-KIC group proposes to develop activities in cities and regional areas to facilitate the exchange of knowledge between people across Europe and to create interdisciplinary projects addressing sustainability, quality of experience and inclusiveness. With this approach, some topics have been identified as Cross-KIC New European Bauhaus Challenges for this call.
Also the challenges may be related to the topics under EIT Climate-KIC and EIT Food. For detailed information, please visit.
Apply before 20 August 2021!
Green transition through architectural, cultural, and historic sites:
- Sustainable alternatives for hardscapes as urban spaces, naturalisation of degraded public areas, green areas, biodiversity, green and blue infrastructures, and urban furniture as assets promoting active mobility, improving citizen well-being, and mitigating heat island effects. (EIT Urban Mobility)
Towards circularity and urban resilience:
- Enhancement of public realm, accessibility, and interconnection through active mobility modalities, to mitigate air pollution and improve physical and mental health. (EIT Urban Mobility)
Ensuring affordability and accessibility to all:
- Universal mobility as a key enabler for social inclusion. Everyone should be able to move freely within cities regardless gender, race, beliefs, or disability (barrier free access). (EIT Urban Mobility)
The Call aims to select one proposal for each of the above identified challenge areas, thus awarding seven projects in total. Each successful proposal will be awarded up to EUR 15,000. The KICs reserve the right to fund more than one proposal under a specific challenge when the number and/or quality of proposals received across the range of challenges do not meet the necessary criteria. Challenges are aimed to be holistic and cross-sectorial, however each challenge will be led by the KIC with the most relevant expertise.
Details of Cross KIC NEB Call:
Call document with all the details available here:
List of documents to be submitted: Application form
Budget allocation EUR 15,000 per proposal, up to a maximum of 7 proposals
- 30% Overall quality of application
- 40% Expected impact of the project
- 20% Innovative aspects of the proposal
- 10% Expertise and previous experience
- Based on ranking, the geographical spread within the European Union will also be considered.
- Call opening: 21 June 2021
- Call info session: 1 July 2021 at 10:00 CET (register here)
- Closing call: 20 August 2021 (23:59 CET)
- Eligibility and admissibility check: 23 – 24 August 2021
- Evaluation: 25 – 30 August 2021
- Communication of results to the participants: 31 August 2021
- Start of project: 10- 15 September (latest)
- Finalise project: 25 November 2021 (latest)
For detailed information please visit link
Please email your proposal:
Addressing challenges led by EIT Urban Mobility (1.2, 2.1 and 3.2) to: NEBcall4citizens2021@eiturbanmobility.eu
For any concerns or queries on Call content or objectives, please contact: email@example.com
For general information you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org