The European Commission launched a call for experts to join the five Mission Boards, with the role of advising on the implementation of the EU Missions. The five Mission Boards will have up to 15 independent top experts for each Mission.
The main tasks of the new Mission Boards will be to promote the EU Missions by raising awareness of the citizens and advice on the actions of the Mission’s implementation plan. The Mission Boards resulting from this call for application will build on the work of the first phase Mission Boards (in charge until December 2021).
The Mission Boards advise on the full implementation of the five EU Missions working on:
- Adaptation to Climate Change;
- Restore our Ocean and Waters;
- Climate-Neutral and Smart Cities;
- Soil Deal for Europe.
Each Mission Board shall consist of up to 15 independent high-level individuals with excellent expertise in serving public authorities and citizens, and in combining public and/or private funding.
The call for applications is available online. The deadline for applications is 02 February 2022, 17h00, CET. Interested individuals are invited to submit their applications into the online survey-management system (EUSurvey).
For more information and the rest of the above announcement, you can visit the European Commissions webpage here.
If you plan on applying, please contact the related national contact point. You can find their email addresses below:
- Adaptation to Climate Change (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
- Cancer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Restore our Ocean and Waters (email@example.com)
- Climate-Neutral and Smart Cities (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Soil Deal for Europe (email@example.com)
(Source: European Commission website, https://ec.europa.eu/info/news/commission-looking-top-experts-advise-eu-missions-2022-jan-05_en)