SESAR Joint Undertaking is replaced under Horizon 2020 Smart, Green, and Integrated Transport and aiming to develop European Air Traffic Management within the scope of new technologies and procedures. In this context, SESAR 2020 Exploratory Research and Very Large Scale Demonstrations project call has been launced on 15 December 2016, while the applications to dedicated topics will be open up until 11 May 2017 (17:00 Brussels time).
Specific topics under the call be accessed from European Commission’s Participant Portal.
Technical details and expectations from SESAR side are provided under Technical Specification sheet.
Within the scope of call, research projects (Exploratory Research) and implementation projects (Very Large Scale Demonstrations) is planned to be funded.
1.Exploratory Research projects are prioritized for Technology Readiness Level 1 and 2 projects.
1.1. Transversal Exploratory Research projects are restricted to 4 years of duration with provision of fund for only one project on upbringing qualified work force of air traffic management
1.2.Application Oriented Research projects are restricted to 2 years of project duration with estimated amounts of 500k and 1M Euro.
- SESAR-ER3-02-2016: Advanced Air Traffic Services: Separation Management
- SESAR-ER3-03-2016: Optimised ATM Network Services: TBO
- SESAR-ER3-04-2016: Enabling Aviation Infrastructure: CNS for General Aviation
- SESAR-ER3-05-2016: Enabling Aviation Infrastructure: CNS
- SESAR-ER3-06-2016: ATM Operations, Architecture, Performance and Validation
2. Very Large Scale Demonstrations projects will fund project having Technology Readiness Level higher than 6. Maximum project duration is expected to be 2 years, total project number is 10-15, with approximately 0.5 to 1 Million Euro budet.
2.1. SESAR Solutions for High Performing Aviation in Europe project will provide support for 10-15 projects under 6 different headings.
- SESAR-VLD1-01-2016: Arrival Management Extended to En-route airspace
- SESAR-VLD1-02-2016: Integrated Airport
- SESAR-VLD1-03-2016: Network collaborative Management
- SESAR-VLD1-04-2016: Initial Trajectory Information sharing
- SESAR-VLD1-05-2016: Efficient services and infrastructure delivery
- SESAR-VLD1-06-2016: Increased access to airports for low visibility mixed fleet operations
2.2. Global Interoperability projects will fund 2-4 projects with 1.5 Million Euro budget and 2 years of durations.
- SESAR-VLD1-07-2016: Applications for trajectory based and queue management using EPP extended into oceanic/intercontinental operations: inter-continental trajectory based operations enabled by Satellite based CNS
- SESAR-VLD1-08-2016: Applications for improved flight trajectories using SWIM B2B services
2.3. Safe Integration of Air Vehicles projects are expected to continue for 2 years, with 7-10 projects in number. Approximate budget for an individual project is 500k to 1M Euro.
- SESAR-VLD1-09-2016: Solutions for General Aviation and Rotorcraft
- SESAR-VLD1-10-2016: Safe integration of drones
You can direct technical your questons to email@example.com e-mail address.