EIT Health was launched in 2010 in order to contribute to increasing the competitiveness of European industry, improve the quality of life of Europe’s citizens and the sustainability of healthcare systems 
Mains goals of EIT Health are as follows 
- Strengthen healthcare systems in Europe: By bringing together research, education, and business, EIT Health aims to help healthcare grow and evolve.
- Promote better health of citizens: EIT Health seeks to promote healthy living and active ageing through their products, dissemination of findings, and educational activities,
- Contribute to a sustainable health economy in Europe: Since health innovation and entrepreneurship ultimately benefit the health economy and citizens, EIT Health wants to create a fertile environment for growth and innovation
EIT Health is a consortium of more than 50 core partners and 90 associate partners from leading businesses, research centres and universities from across 14 EU countries. The partnership will promote entrepreneurship and develop innovations in healthy living and active ageing, providing Europe with new opportunities and resources .
EIT Health has formed six Innovation Hubs across Europe, with Headquarters based in Munich: London (UK/Ireland), Stockholm (Scandinavia), Barcelona (Spain), Paris (France), Heidelberg (Germany), Rotterdam (Belgium-Netherlands) .
There are three pillars driving the activities of EIT Health 
- Accelerator: The Accelerator programme endeavours to transform the innovation process by offering entrepreneurs support and services to access relevant markets and to increase the commercialisation of European research outcomes.
- Campus: Knowledge transfer is ensured through the EIT Health Campus, offering entrepreneurial, business- and application-oriented short and intensive courses as well as MSc and PhD programmes.
- Innovation: The Innovation projects programme supports multidisciplinary initiatives that address Europe’s diverse healthcare challenges
Please visit the web page of EIT Health for more information.