EIT Health was launched in 2009 in order to build a sustainable long-lasting operational framework among the three actors of the knowledge triangle in the energy sector: industry, research and higher education  .
EIT InnoEnergy comprises around 200 partners who are top European players in industry, research institutes, universities and business schools  .
The headquarters of InnoEnergy is located in the Netherlands. Six regional European Innovation Hubs make up the consortium: Benelux, Iberia, Alps Valleys, Sweden, InnoEnergy Central Europe, Germany  .
Thematic Fields: EIT InnoEnergy works with entrepreneurs, innovators, industry and universities in eight critical thematic fields.
1. Clean coal and gas Technologies  :
- Help reduce emissions of CO2, NOx, SOx and particulate matter
- Make best use of biomass, waste and unconventional gases as well as fossil fuels
- Support CO2 capture and storage
2. Energy storage  :
- Help integrate renewable energy into the electricity grid
- Enable a more distributed and responsive distribution system
- Improve stability across the grid
3. Energy efficiency  : Energy efficiency is encouraged in buildings and industry that togethe account for more than 50 per cent of the EU’s energy consumption, and at least 33 per cent of its CO2 emissions
4. Energy from chemical fuels  :
- Support efficient conversion of feedstocks into energy-dense carriers like synthetic fuels.
- Enable these fuels to be used in combustion systems, power plants, distribution and storage chains.
- Control fuel conversion processes to minimise emissions and maximise energy efficiency
5. Renewable energies  :
- Improve the production, penetration and profitability of renewable energy
- Continue to develop all forms of solar technology
- Improve reliability, accuracy and integration of onshore and offshore wind
- Increase performance, lifespan and scalability of wave power
6. Smart and efficient buildings and cities  :
- Enable energy-positive homes and commercial buildings
- Encourage energy-saving behaviours at home and at work
7. Smart electric grid  :
- Enable information, communication and analytics capabilities on a large scale
- Support enhanced cyber-security and critical infrastructure protection
- Increase control over intermittent sources of electricity
8. Sustainable nuclear and renewable convergence  :
- Advanced materials and processes for nuclear and renewable sources
- Energy efficiency in industrial and manufacturing sectors
- Instrumentation, measurement and control systems for nuclear power
Please visit the web page of EIT InnoEnergy for more information.